10 replies to this topic

#1 userdk

userdk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

Hi,

Sorry for all of the comments/questions about Events, but I'm still learning how this works on Benchmark (and liking it so far).

Yesterday, I created an event that will recur once. When I set the limit on the number of tickets, it is not clear if the coding is designed to limit the number of tickets in total, or if the limit that I established is applied to each recurrance. For example, if I want to allow 25 free tickets for each time we have the meeting, will that be how the coding works when I enter the number 25 in the set-up of the event for that type of ticket. Or, will it limit it to a total of 25 free tickets across both sessions?

Many thanks,

David

#2 userdk

userdk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hi, I may have answered this for myself by registering for both occurences of this event.

I don't know if this is how you intended the system to work, but the total number of tickets is applied across all recurrences. For my needs, that creates a problem. For example, we are organizing a conference call, which will be repeated at a later time on the same day so that people in different time zones around the world can have a convenient time to participate. However, I can only have 25 people participate in any one call. So, I would like to set a limit of 25 tickets for the first call and 25 tickets for the second call.

As the system presently works, I would need to allow 50 tickets to be purchased. But, in theory, all 50 of those people could get tickets for the first call and 25 of them would be very disappointed because they could not get into the call.

A better way for the system to work, at least for my needs, would be to apply the ticket limits to each session independently. Or, to allow the establishment of unique ticket limits for each recurrance.

I hope that this helps....and look forward to your reply.

#3 benchmarkandy

benchmarkandy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

David,

Don't be sorry! We want to provide the best event marketing tool possible and your feedback has been greatly appreciated. Here is the response I got from our events team:

The ticket limit applies to a single instance of a recurring event, not a cumulative total of tickets. So, the 25 ticket limit would apply individually to the recurring events.

Hope that clears it up for you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Andy

#4 userdk

userdk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

Many thanks!

#5 userdk

userdk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

Hi Andy,

I received an email from someone who registered for one of my recurring events today. Here is what he said:

"On 3/12/13 2:28 PM,

David, maybe this is already addressed, but I have registered twice for the conference call 3/19 – both times using the drop down box for the 10am session; both times the confirmation shows the 7am session.

Does this mean that the 10am is full and only the 7am is available?  Or, is there some error in the confirmation notification?  Please note that I will participate in only one session – and I trust that the time is indeed 10am rather than 7am."

Then later,

"Just got the e-mail confirmation...correctly posting 10 am; my message below refers only to the on-line confirmation showing at the time the reservation request was made, not the independent follow up confirmation.   Hope this is clear – sorry for any confusion."

I had this same experience. The online confirm seems to default to the earliest meeting time, but then the email confirm is for the correct time. Is this fixable?

Thanks,

David

#6 benchmarkandy

benchmarkandy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

David,

I will have our guys take a look at it and get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Andy

#7 benchmarkandy

benchmarkandy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

David,

Here's the response our Events team had, given the information provided:

I'm am not sure what "online confirmation" he is referring to, but my guess is he may be talking about the http://ui.benchmarke...Event/MyTickets page. This page has a buy history, and on the details column will have the event name and below that when that event starts (http://screencast.com/t/mA2xPQuWS). The actual ticket will specify the correct time the ticket was purchased for (http://screencast.com/t/jb4nWOl4ZWpf). I will ask our devs if they can show the time/date of the ticket they have purchased instead of the event start date on the details column. If he is talking about a different online confirmation date, I would like a screenshot of the page that is showing him the wrong time.

Andy

#8 userdk

userdk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

Hi Andy,

I found the error in at least four places. How can I upload the files?

Thanks,

David

#9 benchmarkandy

benchmarkandy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

David,

I received your email and have forwarded the images to the Events team. Thanks!

Andy

#10 userdk

userdk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Hi Andy,

Just following up on this one as well since we have another recurring event for which we are taking registrations.

Thanks,

David

#11 benchmarkandy

benchmarkandy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

David,

Thanks for the follow up. I reached out to our events team for an update.

Andy

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users