• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MarkW

MarkW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

We send out 10 - 20 email campaigns each month and I have noticed that the same recipients and recipient domains are being reported as having clicked on a link, campaign after campaign.

When the users were contacted by our sales department, they claim to have never clicked on anything in our emails. I don't think these recipients are just clicking for fun of having us respond. Are there email clients, add-ons or rules  that could automatically 'Click' for them??

The link style we are using links to an auto fill form that is automatically populated with the customer info that we have in an internet facing database

For Example:

Click here to be contacted by your sales person   would be a link to     http://our_URL/?key=[contact_attribute:Extra 3]   with the extra3 information from our list on BenchmarkEmail passing to our page and our scripting performing a database lookup, generating an internal email that passes the customers information on to the correct salesperson.

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions and can give you live examples of this if you need me to.

#2 benchmarkandy

benchmarkandy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

Hey MarkW,

I spoke with both our deliverability manager and support on this issue. From what they can tell, the only thing that could potentially be causing this is antispam filters. Richard, our deliverability manager, said they sometimes the antispam filters will click links themselves as they are checking emails that run through them.

If you'd like to have support explore the issue further, please contact them directly. Then they can look into your account and perhaps give some further insight.

Hope this helps,

Andy

#3 cwinstitute

cwinstitute

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

yes, the click rates are obviously completely inaccurate.....we've just moved from Campaigner so it's very apparent. We wish that Bncmrk would do something about this asap....because as things stand these click and open numbers are completely useless!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users