Is it possible to remove 'Report Abuse' link in the footer of the emails? Isn't 'Unsubscribe' link sufficient enough?

Remove report abuse remove report abuse link Report abuse link inconvenient link compulsory inconvenient link report abuse inconvenient

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Igor

Igor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

Is it possible to remove 'Report Abuse' link in the footer of the emails? Wouldn't be enough to just have 'Unsubscribe'? Especially, considering that there is a good chance that one out of 2000 recipients may touch the 'Report Abuse' link... even if it happens only accidentally, it ruins your score in the entire email history!  I do like Benchmark and wouldn't want to be forced to switch to another company... But I see emails from other Email Marketing companies, such as Constant Contact, and I never see the 'Report Abuse' links in their emails, only the sufficient enough options 'to unsubscribe'.  Please advise.

#2 Igor

Igor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

I was just, told by Benchmark Support, that it is "compulsory" to have the "Report Abuse" link in all Benchmark emails.

Here is my question. How come the "Report Abuse" link is NOT compulsory in the campaigns of all other Email Marketing companies, for whom showing the "Unsubscribe" button in the emails is more than sufficient?

Having this "Report Abuse" link in Benchmark is SO inconvenient, as there will always be one out of 2000 recipients who would hit the "Report Abuse" link, for whatever reason.  This affects the good standing of ALL the 'good' and non-spamy senders, and eventually ALL their recipients!  I do hope, that Benchmark will take this under consideration immediately, before it starts loosing all its clients one-by-one.  It makes so much more sense to just have the "Unsubscribe" option!

#3 benchmarkandy

benchmarkandy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

Igor,

Benchmark strives to offer industry best deliverability for all of our users. This is why our opt-in policies, list approval process and other things like the Report Abuse link are imperative. When email marketing is done right, sent to the individuals that want to hear from you, a Report Abuse button will not be an issue.

Hope this helps,

Andy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Remove report abuse, remove, report abuse, link, Report abuse link, inconvenient link, compulsory inconvenient link, report abuse inconvenient

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users