• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Noreen

Noreen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:57 PM

Is it fairly common that specific email addresses bounce in bulk?  (Such as AOL or Comcast)

I sent my first newsletter campaign and had a 12% bounce rate (normally 1-2%, max), and 61% of those were soft and hard bounces with comcast email addresses.

None of my newsletters that are still "unopened" have Comcast email addresses, which leads me to believe Comcast saw this Benchmark newsletter and blocked them all as spam.

How do we keep this from happening in the future?

Thanks,
Noreen

#2 Noreen

Noreen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:26 PM

Update:  Sent out our May Newsletter and guess what?  Comcast emails bounced in bulk again.  Can someone please address this issue?

Thanks!
Noreen

#3 Penny

Penny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:20 PM

Yes, I just sent a newsletter and had an 83 percent bounce rate!! In using other bulk email programs, I have never had a bounce rate above 5 percent. All emails to comcast.net, gmail.com and yahoo.com bounced. Since that's most of my list, I also need this addressed.

#4 my_name_is_

my_name_is_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:16 PM

Benchmark Admin, do you have a response to all this? We have the same issues! :wacko:

#5 AML

AML

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:23 PM

Why is nobody from Benchmark responding to this? This is a serious issue that your customers are trying to manage and work around. Please provide us all with some answers and information. Thank you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: soft bounces, hard bounces, bulk email bounces, comcast, aol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users