• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dale

Dale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:10 AM

I registered this "complaint" several months ago but it still has not been resolved.

I like to use your "copy" option so that I can take an email I've already designed and re-use it with fresh content and pictures. This saves me from having to do the layout design twice. I'm able to keep my formatting and use the copy function as I believe you intended.

Overall, this works fine. But, there is one glitch when someone clicks a social media site to pick up my newsletter and forward it to friends (or for my company to place a link on our spreadsheet.)

The headline of the new copy transfers, as do the photographs. But, the subtext below the heading stays the same as the original newsletter.

Obviously, this is kind of embarrassing and it seems to me that it is a programming error on your part.

Can you please check this out yourself and either let me know a work-around or fix the problem so that the heading and the subtext of the new email are matched?

Thank you.

Dale

#2 Dale

Dale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:56 AM

I'm honestly surprised that nobody at Benchmark has responded to this post.

You can easily see the problem in the latest newsletter I posted this evening, 9/3, entitled 19¢ Sale on 4" x 6" & 3" x 5" Prints
The archive link is at http://archive.bench...--3-x-5-Prints . If one of my readers clicks on Facebook or one of the other social media icons the headline will come up properly for the newsletter but the subtext will be mixed up copy of the original newsletter. You can see how this continually happens if you look at my personal Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/dale.farkas.

I see that Burl.co has something to do with this. Is this their problem or Benchmark's? Please, Benchmark gurus, give me the courtesy of a reply.

#3 benchmarkandy

benchmarkandy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:00 AM

Hey Dale,

My apologies on a delayed response. Here's the answer from our support:

"Go into the text version of the email, and click on grab text from HTML. That should fix it."

Once again, sorry for a late response and for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users