Hard and Confirmed Bounces when Contacts Open Emails!?!?

hard bounce confirmed bounce list cleaning list management clean list

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AML

AML

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:41 AM

I am extremely surprised to learn that through the “Clean List” tool, several contacts are being marked as Hard + Confirmed Bounces when in fact they have opened 4 out of 5 of my most recent emails/campaign.

The only reason I noticed this is because I created a separate list of the HardBounces+ConfirmedBounces and then started to check some of the individual email histories of the contacts on that list, only to realize that several of them have opened up many of our most recent campaigns. Why are those contacts ending up as a Hard Bounce or Confirmed Bounce?

In the Benchmark documentation, the definition of a Hard Bounce is as follows: When the email has bounced with a reason indicating permanent issues with the recipient, they are flagged as hard bounces…. Benchmark email recommends cleaning up such emails to improve your statistics for future campaigns….”

If someone has opened up 4 out of 5 recent campaigns, there is clearly no “permanent issue” with the recipient. Yet Benchmark recommends that I should “clean up” such emails to improve my future campaigns?!?!

Benchmark – please clarify. We rely on you to deliver our emails to our hard earned customers and to help us keep clean lists so that we don't get marked as spammers. In my discovery, you clean list feature would have me delete good contacts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users