• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 benchmarkandy

benchmarkandy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

Time savers are key in all walks of live, and email marketing and social media integration or no exception. With Benchmark Email, you can set up your email campaigns to automatically post to Facebook and Twitter when you hit send.

This can be done in Step 1 of the email creation process. If you scroll down, you will see the Advanced Options. Simply check the boxes for Send to Twitter and Integrate with Facebook. For Facebook, you can chose which of your Pages or your own personal Wall to send the email campaign to.

Posted Image

#2 Guest_Ron_*

Guest_Ron_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:50 AM

This function is great, and I try to make a point of using it, but it hasn't worked for my last post. An attempt to send my recent email via the tools menu after-the-fact posted to my primary facebook wall--rather than to my business page wall. What am I missing?

#3 Guest_Ron_*

Guest_Ron_*
  • Guests

O.K. I found the option I needed by "Viewing the campaign" and then scrolling to the bottom of the email content where the social networking options are. Choosing Facebook allowed me to specify that I wanted the posting to my page--rather than my personal wall. Shouldn't there be an easier way? (I'm a software developer, so I don't post that question lightly. :-))

Also, I notice that my last couple of postings on facebook highlight the confirmation text--rather than the beginning of my email content. (i.e. "You are receiving this email because of your relationship with Publishers' Assistant. Please reconfirm your interest in receiving email from us. If you do not wish to receive any more emails, you c...") Is there a way to either bypass this text, or to move it to the bottom of my emails?

Thanks,
Ron

#4 benchmarkandy

benchmarkandy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 166 posts

Ron,

The best solution for designating which Facebook Page you want your email campaign to send to is by setting it up in Step 1 (Describe Email) of the email creation process. Clicking Show Advanced Options, will open up theAdvanced Options box.

Posted Image
This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

Check the Autopost to Facebook box and use the drop down menu to pick the specific Facebook Page.

As for your second concern. Unfortunately, you run into two issues there. Facebook pulls from the first text on a page, unless there is a meta summary it can use. The permission reminder has become industry best practice. It helps email marketers avoid being marked as spam, and it's best to have it at the top. When creating your email, you can opt out of using one (it will still include an unsubscribe link--this is non negotiable), but we do not suggest it. If you do turn the permission reminder off, it still populates one at the bottom of an email for every email, every time.

Hope this helps and addresses your issues. Let us know if there is anything we didn't cover.

Thanks,

Andy

#5 Guest_Natalie_*

Guest_Natalie_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:51 AM

Any idea when we’ll be able to share emails through Linkedin like is done for Twitter, FB?

http://www.benchmark...om/Emails/Share

#6 benchmarkandy

benchmarkandy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:51 AM

Natalie,

I can talk to our programmers and see. In the meanwhile, there is a fix. You can post your tweets to LinkedIn. That way, when you automatically post to Twitter, it will go to LinkedIn as well. Here are the steps to do that:

On LinkedIn, visit Edit My Profile. Click Add Twitter account next to the Twitter field. Twitter will ask you to verify your account name and password.

Hope this helps,

Andy

#7 Guest_Natalie_*

Guest_Natalie_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

Thanks, Andy, but we're a one-horse social marketer thus far.

#8 Lenna

Lenna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I keep seeing Tumbler pop up more frequently to share posts. Is Benchmark working to accommodate this in addition to Facebook and Twitter?

#9 benchmarkandy

benchmarkandy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 166 posts

Lenna,

For now, Benchmark Email does not offer the auto-post feature for Tumblr. One way around this using our social share buttons. Social sharing buttons can be added to any email on Step 5 (Schedule) of the email creation process.

Posted Image
This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

There is a Tumblr button contained in the social share buttons. First click the share icon and go to more.

Posted Image

The box will pop up and you can scroll down and share your newsletter to Tumblr.

Posted Image

#10 pevessey

pevessey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:46 AM

There is no drop down option in the email set up page for posting my newsletter to my Facebook business page. It posts to my personal page instead.  Can you help?  Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users