5 replies to this topic

#1 Special

Special

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

Andy,
Is there a way to include images in our RSS feed emails? I have tried a couple of different feeds, both of which seem to have images embedded in their RSS items, but they do not show up when the emails are sent.
Any workarounds, if not? This is an important feature for us at Special Olympics.

#2 benchmarkandy

benchmarkandy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hey guys,

I took a look at the ticket/response support sent to you. They're saying it didn't appear that there was any images in the RSS feeds. I'd suggest checking in with support again and having them help you identify the feeds with images that will work.

Hope this helps!

Andy

#3 Angela

Angela

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

I'm having this concern too.  My blog is set to automatically email out to subscribers, but only text is going--no images.  I'd love the blog post to show in the email just like it does on my blog.  Otherwise it doesn't always make sense to the reader.  Any guidance would be fantastic.

#4 benchmarkandy

benchmarkandy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Angela,I will have support look into your account and see what is going on. Are you using WordPress and if so, have you tried our WordPress plugin?

Andy

UPDATE: Support will look into it further, and will be contacting you to gather some more info. We'll get this straightened out!

#5 Angela

Angela

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

Andy, I heard from support, but I'm not sure I did what they said correctly.  They said I had to add an rss image tag in my email.  I did that but now it's just emailing out the tag instead of the photo. I do have the plugin on my site (yep it's a wordpress but privately hosted), but created a web form on my benchmark account and added it in the widget column on the right.  I'll keep working with the support ticket and see what we can figure out.

#6 benchmarkandy

benchmarkandy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Angela,

Thanks for the update! I am confident we can assist you and get this sorted out. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.

Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users