• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bonnie

Bonnie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Yesterday I logged in and uploaded a new list to send to -- one that I had spent a considerable amount of time working on to get fine tuned. While it was uploading, I prepared a mail to send, and when it was ready, I sent it out. To my surprise, when I looked at the stats for the mail, it had only gone to 598 people, rather than the 900+ on the new list I'd just uploaded. With a sinking feeling in my heart, I realized that I had not gone back to Step 2 and specified to Benchmark that it was to send the email to the new list before pressing send. I felt like a total idiot.

Then I realized that instead of telling me that I hadn't specified a list to send to in Step 2, Benchmark just chose a list at random and used it...and the list it chose was a list I had DELETED several weeks ago! I absolutely did not want to send to that list, but it was too late, the damage was done.

I'm pretty unhappy about this. I know the initial mistake was mine, but I would never have expected that your system would use a list that had been deleted! Especially since my account only lets me have 1000 names at a time, I am constantly deleting lists and uploading new ones that are tailored to my mailing.

I don't even want to think about how much money my non-profit lost out on because of this error. Very unhappy.

#2 benchmarkandy

benchmarkandy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Bonnie,

I'm sorry that the result of your campaign was not what you intended. All of us in the email industry dread a mistake. I've discussed this matter with both customer support, and our site testers, and both said it should not be possible for our system to send to a deleted list. I understand you are unhappy, as are we when any of our users feel that way. Benchmark Email is a big supporter of non-profits, and we wouldn't want to do anything to harm your cause.

Please contact customer support directly, as I would like them to review with you what may have caused this to occur. We would like to make this right. Ask for Daniel when you call. He will take care of you.

Thanks,

Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users